Jerome, Salmi & Kopis, LLC – Law Firm in Fairview Heights, IL

When Do You Have to Report a Work Injury in Missouri?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pocket

Following a workplace accident, employers are required to contact their insurance provider as quickly as possible. In Missouri, employees have a maximum of 30 days to give written notice of the accident. Written notice can consist of completing a report of injury or simply sending a text to a supervisor. Regardless, it is recommended that you keep a copy of the written notice in case the employer loses its copy. If you fail to file timely written notice, your claim may be completely denied regardless of the severity of the injury.

Employers occasionally hesitate to notify their insurance. As a result, there may be a delay in medical care referral as the insurance carrier was not advised of your work injury. If your employer is not advising the insurance company of your work injury, you have two options: submit a claim yourself to the Division of Workers’ Compensation, or hire an attorney at Jerome, Salmi and Kopis to help you determine what legal action to take next.

In addition to providing notice within 30, you have two years to submit a formal Claim for Compensation to the Division of Workers’ Compensation within 2 years of the accident or 1 year from the last payment made on your case. Since payments are traditionally made shortly after the treatment, it is always safest to simply file the Claim within 2 years of the accident date. If you fail to file your workers’ compensation claim within the two-year window, you claim will be denied regardless of the severity of your injury.

Contact Us Today

At the Law Office of Jerome Salmi & Kopis, LLC, our skilled attorneys can advise you of the law and how it applies to your workers’ compensation case, to help you claim the full benefits you need, and if necessary, appeal your case. Call us today at (618) 726-2222 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation and to learn more.

video still


  Slip in Fall case, we’re asked many questions on what you should do first, you should document what caused you to slip and fall, simply take out your cell phone and take a picture of it, take a picture of the water, the substance, whatever it is, that… ’cause you to fall also report


Auto Pedestrian Accident

Auto pedestrian accidents in Fairview Heights, Metro St. Louis, and the surrounding areas can lead to devastating injuries, principally because pedestrians are especially vulnerable to the force of the crash. 


Why is My Workers’ Compensation Case Denied?

People throughout Illinois and Missouri are hurt at work every day. After a workplace accident that results in serious injury, you may be left with high medical bills, lost income, and more. Most employees are entitled to receive workers’ compensation to recover some of these losses and to ensure they have the resources necessary to