Jerome, Salmi & Kopis, LLC – Law Firm in Fairview Heights, IL


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pocket


One of the questions that were asked is, “What should I do after being involved in an automobile accident? One is to get the names of any witnesses that may Witte accident to get the name of the person that hit you three simply take out your cell phone and take photographs of the damage survey, the location of the vehicles before you move the vehicles and for always call the police and have a report made to document the accident. Documentation is key to pursuing your claim and will help you very much in the long run. If we can answer any further questions for you with the guard, handling an accident please feel free to call our law on.

Understanding the Missouri Workers’ Compensation Act

The Missouri Workers’ Compensation Act was originally passed in 1925, but it has gone through extensive changes since that time. In the 1920s, the Act allowed a very simple way for injured workers to receive medical and disability benefits after being injured on the job, without the help of an attorney.  However, the current Act


Top FAQs for Personal Injury Lawyers

If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you probably don’t know where to turn. Medical bills and other expenses continue to pile up in your mailbox, and you might be too injured to even return to work. Fortunately, help is available.



If you have contracted COVID-19 as part of your work environment, please contact us and we can discuss if your condition falls under the Workers’ Compensation Act. If we can prove that you contracted your virus as part of your work environment, you would be entitled to compensation that would include payment of all medical expenses; lost time benefits while you recovery; and a settlement for any ongoing problems after you recover. 


Please note that in Illinois, first responders and essential employees are presumed to have contracted COVID-19 at work.  Missouri recognizes that same presumption but limits it to first responders.  Regardless, if believe that you contracted COVID-19 at work, please contact us immediately so that we can inform you of your rights under the Workers’ Compensation Act.


Read more on our blog.


Scroll to Top